Tuesday 9 August 2016

Pickering Food Truck Festival

Food, Food, Food.
That seems to be the theme in Toronto this year, every weekend there is a different food related festival happening.

This past weekend, Aug 5-7 Pickering, ON was the place to be as the City of Pickering celebrated their 2nd Annual Pickering Food Truck Festival, a collaboration with the Canadian Food Truck Festivals. Food Trucks from all over Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area came to the city to showcase their delicious cuisine for everyone to taste. There was an array of different food choices from all over the world, ranging from Latin American to European to Hot and Spicy to Sweet and Savoury flavours.

Some of the Food Trucks that were at the festival are: Beavertails, Berlin 95, Chimney Stax Baking Co, Fidel Gastro's, I Love Churros, Untamed Chef and Curbalicious.


After walking around and checking out all the Food Trucks, I saw this humongous iron skillet under a tent and I knew I wanted whatever was under that tent. The huge skillet belonged to this bright yellow truck that is La Fiesta Catering, and in the skillet they were making Ecuadorian style Paella. The last time I had Paella was when I was in Barcelona, so I was so excited to eat it again, La Fiesta reminded me why I love Paella; the Spanish seasoned rice mixed with seafood was the perfect evening meal for a festival.




If you missed the Toronto and Pickering Food Truck Festival this year, the Canadain Food Truck Festivals is having one more festival before the summer is over in Richmond Hill, September 3 & 4 at Richmond Hill Greens.

What Food Festivals did you go to this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment